USS Taylor (DDE 468) Commissioning
On 2 January 1951, while still completing her conversion in San Francisco, the Navy officially redesignated USS Taylor an Escort Destroyer (DDE 468). The ship was recommissioned on 3 December 1951 at the San Francisco Naval Shipyard. CDR Sheldon H. Kinney, USN, assumed command at 1429 and ordered the watch set. As Taylor’s new complement of officers and men assumed their stations, the storied ship once again came to life in service to her country.